One of the reasons for the new wave is the low proportion of the vaccinated population. Russia lived for almost a year without significant restrictions, people had little motivation to get their Sputnik shot. To stimulate the population, the authorities urgently began to impose serious restrictions on the unvaccinated population. The bad news is that only the Russian vaccines count.
Want to Dine?
Get your QR-code
From June 28, to visit restaurants and public events of more than 500 people in Moscow, you must show a QR-code. The following people are eligible to receive it:
– vaccinated in the Russian Federation with local vaccines (who have completed a full course of vaccination)
– have had covid-19 registered in the Russian Federation within the last 6 months
– holders of a negative PCR test, valid for three days from the date of registration of the analysis results in the laboratory. Only PCR-tests made in Russian laboratories are valid.
In what cases the QR-code is not required?
– children accompanied by their parents do not need it
– for guests staying at the hotel for access to the breakfast restaurant (in case this restaurant is not admitted to visitors from the street)
– until July 11 when visiting open air restaurants / verandas etc.
Where to get the QR-code?
There are several online resources for obtaining QR-codes. The most suitable option for a foreign citizen is the site https://immune.mos.ru/. Unfortunately, so far the site exists only in Russian.
Check The Region Before the Trip
What About the Rest of Country?
St. Petersburg is not yet in a hurry to follow the capital to introduce such radical measures. From June 17, the work of children’s rooms and food courts in shopping centers was stopped, the work of restaurants was prohibited from 2.00 to 6.00. Since June 21, mass events of more than 500 people have been banned, and from 75 people all participants must pass a PCR test.
Some regions also impose restrictions. For example, Karelia, Murmansk & Moscow Region will only accommodate tourists with a negative test or vaccination certificate. And the Krasnodar Krai (Sochi) will accept only vaccinated tourists, but this time foreign vaccines will also be valid.
The only region that has introduced a lockdown to date is Buryatia. From June 27 to July 11, the activities of all enterprises, except for life support, are prohibited.
Check the rest of the covid rules on our New Normal Page.
You May Also Like