The Most Expected Event of 2021
What is EURO 2020?
The 2020 UEFA European Football Championship is the 16th Championship, which is arranged every 4 years among the leading national teams of the European continent. The tournament was supposed to be held in summer 2020, but due to the Covid-19 pandemic, it was postponed a year later, 2021. So, this summer from June 11 till July 11 all the football fans of the continent follow the games of the national teams with a sinking heart either online or offline.
The EURO 2020 is the first Championship that in honor of the 60th Anniversary is held in the stadiums of the 10 different countries, as in previous years only 1 or 2 neighboring countries hosted this majestic Football event. The European Football Association chose the following countries for the games: Azerbaijan, Great Britain, Hungary, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Russia, Romania. Among Russian cities, Saint Petersburg is given the honor to host EURO 2020 on its famous Gazprom Arena stadium, which can accommodate 68 000 people.
How to Visit Russia
Every foreign citizen, who wants to visit Russia to enjoy football matches in Saint Petersburg, is to get a FAN ID. This document gives the following benefits: visa-free entry to Russia and access to the stadium. The multiple entries to Russia with FAN ID are available till July 2, 2021. The tourist can stay in Russia till July 12, 2021, and is not limited in travels around the country.
It’s not too complicated to receive FAN ID, you are to:
- buy EURO match ticket
- prepare a photo in electronic form, click here to read photo requirements
- fill the FAN ID application on the website
- wait for your application to be approved
- print out your approval and don`t forget to take it for travel to Russia
- collect your FAN ID in any FAN ID Distribution Centre in Saint Petersburg, get more information here
Match Schedule in Russia
Saint Petersburg offers football fans from all over the world to visit matches between outstanding European national teams in the famous Gazprom Arena Stadium. You can check the schedule to plan your future football event in Russia:
- June 12 at 10 pm (Moscow time): Belgium – Russia
- June 14 at 7 pm (Moscow time): Poland – Slovakia
- June 16 at 4 pm (Moscow time): Finland – Russia
- June 18 at 4 pm (Moscow time): Sweden – Slovakia
- June 21 at 10 pm (Moscow Time): Finland – Belgium
- June 23 at 7 pm (Moscow time): Sweden – Poland
- July 02 at 7 pm (Moscow time): Quarterfinal